Saturday, November 27, 2010

St Trinians Animation Test



A couple of months ago I finished work on a lovely 2d animation experiment at Uli Meyer Studios. The goal was to see if we could successfully translate Ronald Searle's
incredible pen an ink scribbles to the screen. We had a lot of fun putting this together, and it made me realise how much I miss animating with pencil and paper. There's nothing quite like it...
We got some attention with the test, notably from cartoonbrew, and you can read more about it here and here.

6 comments:

Stein said...

Never have I known someone from holland was working at Aardman or Passion Pictures. I am in Awe, Wish I could share the same path.

Adriaan said...

Goverdome! Why do you want to meet HIM when you can meet ME?! He can't even make films in COLOUR!!

Stein said...

Adriaan you mongool, I just can't forgive you after that one night we had..

Diya Mitra said...

I love the sudden distaste of alcohol and the resolution with which she stands up with to turn over a new leaf.. brilliant!

Twins and Needles said...

Beautifully done. It's captured the anarchic ink stained feel of the originals. Lovely.

Homeowner Insurance said...

Cute video! Thanks for sharing! Your work is greatly appreciated.